Monday, May 15, 2017

Journey with Me

Last month my three daughters and I took a family road trip across the United States from Georgia to Utah.  I had a writer's conference to attend. It was their Spring Break, so I decided to make it into a family affair.

It was a great experience!  We bonded even more along the journey, and it let the girls have a little freedom while they explored an unknown city.

The Calliope Writer's Conference was life-changing!  I met some great writers and even planted the seed for some very lucrative collaboration opportunities.

Taking the journey to Utah, jump started my journey to completing my first novel, The Return

The morning I had to pitch, I cried at least three times.  This novel idea was something very near and dear to my heart, and I knew once I spoke those words in front of an audience, I could never take them back. Nevertheless, I also knew once I spoke those words, my life would never be the same. 

I was pleasantly RIGHT!!! The Return has now manifested into existence.  I have to complete it! 

Our family road trip was a turning point for our family.  I could have stayed at home and just took the children to a nearby beach, but I believed in my writing abilities, and I wanted to branch out and share my talents with people whom otherwise, I would have never met.   


The Lesson of the Day: Believe in your abilities and go the extra mile (literally). 


Journeys are strenuous; it doesn't matter the speed or the distance.  The one thing needed is persistence.   Be persistent on whatever journey you are taking right now. Never give up, no matter what obstacles arise, just re-adjust your bearings and just chose a different route, but just keep going. 

Now journeys are better traveled with friends.   So please join me on this journey as I complete and release The Return! Join me on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and the now Stellar Stories! 

Links provided below, and I will most definitely keep everyone informed on my journey from sessions with my writing coach, character develop, plot secret details, and I'll be sharing some of my writing secrets. 

Journey with me to The Return.

No comments:

Post a Comment