Thursday, November 17, 2016

Am I enough?

Can I actually accomplish all my dreams?  Can I solely write and make a profitable living from it?  Can I raise successful, balanced children?  Can I be a good daughter and sister, yet still live my life on my terms?

I say YES!!
I  am and will continue to accomplish all my dreams.  I'm a successful freelance writer.  I'm raising successful, balanced children.  I'm a good daughter and sister, and I'm still living my life on my own terms.

I affirm to myself what I AM, not what I hope to be or what I can't or possibly would one day want to be. 
I affirm to the present and I am and make it so! 

I have times of self-doubt.  For example, when I'm having a difficult time finding the right words for a client or when I'm writing something and it just doesn't flow.  I doubt myself and think I may have picked the wrong profession. 

Especially now when I'm shifting gears and moving towards writing full-time. 

It's scary! But I affirm my dreams and my talent. 

I'm doing the work to learn the craft.  Changing my environments, making sure I surround myself with people of like minds and goals. People who have and are on the same journey. 
I have patience with myself and always remember. I can do this!

Please enjoy an original poem of self-actualization...


Am I enough?

I was told I was a sinner
Babies being baptized and can't even piss straight
We're taught to live in a condition of less than

Am I enough?

In school I always heard...you can do better, work harder, make better grades
They always wanted more...more with no appreciation of my presence.

Wasn't I enough?

Your hair looks better like this.
Are you gaining weight?
Oh, you look too thin...
Get out the sun, before you get too dark
You have a pretty face tho...

So I...

Made straight A's,
Lost weight,
Stayed out the sun,
Grew my hair long,
Was always polite and soft-spoken or never spoke at all.

Was this enough?

Then one day,  I lit a candle, looked within, then a voice whispered...

YOU ARE ENOUGH.
YOU ARE PERFECTLY MADE.
REMEMBER YOUR PURPOSE.
WORK AND GROW IN TALENTS.
ALWAYS MOVE IN LOVE AND GIVE PATIENCE,GENEROUSLY.
YOU ARE ENOUGH.

My child-bearing hips are enough.
My wide nose is enough.
My hair grows perfectly without chemical manipulation.
It is enough.

All that I am and All I will be is and will be divinely ENOUGH.
So, I can?  Yes, I can.  I will continue to always be divinely enough.









No comments:

Post a Comment